Title I Information
Harrison Middle School receives federal funds for Title I, Part A programs. Throughout the school year, we will be providing parents and guaridans with important information about this law as it relates to their child’s education. This page lets parents and guardians know about their right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom staff working with their child. Our district or school will be able to provide parents and guaridans with the following information regarding the qualification of their child’s teacher(s):
- Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of circumstances
- Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and the field of discipline of the teacher’s certification or degree.
If at any time a student has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a teacher(s) that is not highly qualified, then parents and guardians will be notified by the school.
Parents and guardians also have the right to request information regarding the qualifications of the paraprofessional(s) assisting their child’s teacher(s). If a child is receiving Title I, Part A services from a paraprofessional, then our district or school is able to provide his or her parents and guardians with the following information:
- Whether the paraprofessional has completed at least two years of study at an institution of high education.
- Whether the paraprofessional has completed an associate’s degree (or higher).
- Whether the paraprofessional has met a rigorous standard of quality through our state’s certification procedure for determining the quality of paraprofessional staff.
- Whether the paraprofessional has: (a) the knowledge of and ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics or (b) the knowledge of and the ability to assist in learning activities, such as homework, reading readiness, writing, mathematics and other support as appropriate.
To request this information, please contact the school by phone at 741-9764 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions regarding your child’s education, please do not hesitate to contact us at 741-9764.
Fred Wilson, Principal