Empowering the Inspired.
Inspiring the Empowered.
The philosophy of the program for gifted and talented students in Harrison School District is that each student has the right to attain to the fullest of his or her potential in any or all areas in which he or she shows aptitude. Talented and gifted students shall be afforded the opportunity to associate with both age and intellectual peers. The program shall provide opportunities for the development of higher levels of creative and critical thinking, reasoning, self-directed investigation, and effective awareness. This program shall be an integral part of the total curriculum.
- To provide students with a learning environment conducive to divergent thinking, production, and the development of reasoning abilities
- To provide students with a learning environment which encourages original thoughts, ideas, and solutions to problems
- To provide students with necessary tools and skill development for self-directed investigation
- To provide opportunities for student’s social, emotional, and personal development
- To encourage interaction with age and intellectual peers
- To develop the student’s high levels of oral and written expression
- To provide effective learning as an integral part of the program
- To encourage innovative and rigorous curriculum development to meet intellectual needs of students